Thursday, January 25, 2007

pictures senator james webb could have pulled out from the background props that would have been better and more impressive (to me)

hi people.

now if you're even a little like me, and you planted yourself in front of CNN to watch the state of the union address (with a can of cider and a bowl of popcorn) ... good for you. if you stayed for the democratic response, i really don't know what to say. what the hell were they thinking? seriously. democrats? who is writing your speeches? it was a whole, long rant of: "the president said this–we look forward to working with him on it; the president said that–we hope that is the case" so on and so forth. there's a snap at the end, but that's buried under the mountain of protocol-speech... a polite little dooty-dooty-doo speech that sounds like it was written by their 5th grade daughters.

seriously.

if you noticed how the speech was interrupted with this little gem of a "what i did over my summer vacation"...


I want to share with all of you a picture that I have carried with me for more than 50 years.

[sure enough, he reaches off-camera and pulls out a big, honking framed picture...i snearly spit cider everywhere.]

This is my father,

[i die inside...]

when he was a young Air Force captain, flying cargo planes during the Berlin Airlift. He sent us the picture from Germany, as we waited for him, back here at home. When I was a small boy,

[oh god...seriously?]

I used to take the picture to bed with me every night,

[...seriously?]

because for more than three years my father was deployed, unable to live with us full-time, serving overseas or in bases where there was no family housing. I still keep it, to remind me of the sacrifices that my mother and others had to make, over and over again, as my father gladly served our country. I was proud to follow in his footsteps, serving as a Marine in Vietnam. My brother did as well, serving as a Marine helicopter pilot. My son has joined the tradition, now serving as an infantry Marine in Iraq.


so here is a list of pictures that would have made me hurt a lot less. in my soul.

a. an angry lion...



b. a magestic orca whale



c. highschool art class drawing of girlfriend in sunset



d. picture of himself in a bob ross painting club with successful painting



e. picture proving he was on a sexy swimteam



f. man running alongside gigantic clydesdales





what's his next picture-reliant move? my guess?

motivational poster.

1 Comments:

Blogger apk01004 said...

Picture of himself, which has aged in his place

Picture of a zombie, "... the scariest thing in the world."

Picture of a cat in an adorable pose, with an adorable Photoshop caption.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home